Happy New Year!

Now, I would post this on Saturday, on the actual eve of the new year, but I am happy to report that I will not be at my computer!  I, and the awesome Ms. Joby, are taking a mini-vacation -- starting with lunch tomorrow in Seattle then making our way to the luxurious Alderbrook Resort & Spa on the Hood Canal (importantly, it's within my mandated 2-hour radius of UW.  I feel like a parolee.).  We'll get our fingers and toes done then have dinner...and on Saturday, we'll meander back to Seattle and end up at the Edgewater Hotel and likely bring in 2012 with a champagne toast in our room in our jammies (and probably not much later than 10pm - I mean, we're a couple of almost 40 year olds now!  And those whippersnappers better not stay up all night partying on our hotel floor.  Damn kids.).  Then home on Sunday, all refreshed and happy and ready to have fun for the last 3 days of the kids' break.

2011 has been a roller coaster ride, starting with a dip in my health last winter that led to being on the waiting list for a double-lung transplant.  Lots of stresses, lots of self reflection but also a ton of special moments and kindnesses.  I'm not sure what I hope for 2012...I'd love to get my lungs soon then fast forward to 2013 and I think the way I come close to doing that is by being fully aware and realistic regarding the complications that will and may arise from the transplant and keep my eye on the greater goal: that having new lungs will allow me to lead a longer and stronger life.

I am sure that Joby and I, in addition to bringing lots of wine and snacks and the aforementioned champagne, will have plenty of paper and pens in hand to start asking and answering some of these resolution-oriented questions.  And, we will be doing this with beautiful nails and happy hearts.

Happy Twenty Twelve, people.

Comments

Mom said…
Happy, Happy New Year, Sweetheart.
Ginger Drago said…
I wish only the best for you and your family. Happy minutes, days, weeks, months and whole year for you!
I send you love and affection, Binky
Gina said…
Happy new year Kim!