My Quarterly Report


Sorry about the long absence: this blog has been a testament to the adage “no news is good news.”  I had a surprisingly good winter but this spring has been a little different…not recovering from activity as quickly as I used to, more foot pain, more fatigue in general.  It hasn’t been drastic and my schedule allows for days of recovery time so while I do eventually bounce back, it’s actually less of a bounce and more like a slow pull.

I saw Dr. Ralph, my PH specialist, a couple weeks ago.  My echocardiogram mirrors my slight decline in health by showing too much fluid around my heart.  Our treatment plan is to increase my IV drug over the next couple weeks and see if that helps.  I see my transplant pulmonologist (and have a slew of other tests) on June 8 and he’s been working with Dr. Ralph on my current status so I’ll know more then.

In the meantime, I had the most awesome 40th birthday party ever; we’ve been enjoying Jack’s baseball games; Charlotte is LOVING gymnastics and riding her bike in the neighborhood; we had an enjoyable trip to the Bavarian town of Leavenworth during spring break; I was able to see the President speak at an event in Seattle (and Dave Matthews perform); we've had some beautiful weather and this long weekend looks to be more of the same.  Life is plugging along (one month left of the school year!), we’re happy, and I look forward to getting a little more energy soon!

Comments

Mil said…
Just to say I love you.
Darlene Delgado said…
Glad to hear that htisgs are kind of stable on a day to day basis