End of day report for Wednesday, January 9
Oops, almost went to bed without filing my report! I briefly flashed on you guys outside my house with pitchforks and torches! Sorry to make you wait for what was a rather uneventful day. Kim walked further, talked more, and was off the vent the whole time. Seems like for good at this point.
She also ate some blue vanilla pudding, which is the first official thing she’s eaten in almost four weeks. We’re supposed to watch the trache tube for signs of that blue dye (which would mean it’s going where it shouldn’t) but we saw no sign of it.
Her tests results following the plasmapheresis FINALLY came back and told the right story, so they FINALLY removed the really huge and uncomfortable catheter from the side of Kim’s neck. I know it’s an awkward metaphor, but every time Kim gets disconnected from something I think of it like a beautiful hot air balloon, throwing off its lines until it can finally float freely away into the sky. Makes me pretty happy to see :)
She also ate some blue vanilla pudding, which is the first official thing she’s eaten in almost four weeks. We’re supposed to watch the trache tube for signs of that blue dye (which would mean it’s going where it shouldn’t) but we saw no sign of it.
Her tests results following the plasmapheresis FINALLY came back and told the right story, so they FINALLY removed the really huge and uncomfortable catheter from the side of Kim’s neck. I know it’s an awkward metaphor, but every time Kim gets disconnected from something I think of it like a beautiful hot air balloon, throwing off its lines until it can finally float freely away into the sky. Makes me pretty happy to see :)
Comments