When you put the street-level Main Lobby on Floor 3, I'm going to get confused

Another milestone in my post-lung transplant life reached yesterday: I forgot which floor to go to at the University of Washington medical center from the parking garage. For 8 years, I spent months’ worth of time at that dang place, from my frequent Pulmonary Hypertension specialist appointments to my biannual echo cardiograms…and blood tests, lung function tests, support group meetings, X-rays, many ER visits, week-longs stays, right heart catheterizations and more. Of course, once I got my bearings, it came back to me and I practically bounded from appointment to appointment because one thing I never did pre-transplant is bound. Next time, skipping.

21 months out from my double lung transplant and all my tests look great, no worries, and I even was able to get rid of one of my twice daily medications so now I’m *only* taking 12 meds a day. Four of those are lifelong anti-rejection/anti-infection meds and the other 8 are to combat the side effects of those four. It’s a lot of pills but I’m pretty awesome at swallowing 14+ pills all in one handful.

And life just moves on. Kids have had a successful launch of 5th and 6th grades. Both are in soccer again but the kicker this year (ha) is that I’m Jack’s head coach! Wrangling 17 11 & 12 year old boys is interesting but between having a great group of kids to work with and a wonderful assistant coach, it’s really fun. Between now and the end of the month, we have 13 practices or games so it’s also pretty time consuming but it’s nice to have a routine again, after a really fun summer.


No more time to blog…I’m off to Costco, grocery store, do some PTA errands and get some dinners cooked for the busy nights ahead then pick the kids and their friends up at 2. Life is good!

Comments

Cari said…
Glad to hear about the clean bill of health. It's wonderful that you have had the opportunity to live again. I'm excited to hear and see about your new adventures. Good luck as Head Coach... That's something I would never take on!!! Can't wait for your next blog :-)