Skip to main content
12 Days of Gratitude
- For Debbie, who twelve years ago was getting decorations
down from her loft, and, in doing so, she lost her life...and saved mine.
- For my ongoing journey into self-discovery. I am a different person than I was 12 years ago and having had this chapter to dig deep into some of my insecurities and challenges has made me a better person.
- That all four of us (plus a bonus Sofia and Joby) were able to say goodbye to Ollie. We shared memories, tears and touch and there was no better send-off for our sweet puppers.
- To see the sheer enjoyment and curiosity
Charlotte is leaning into at college, and, in particular, poetry. Her innate
talent, on top of her passion, is a wonder. It almost makes me want to go back
to school. Almost.
- For my different groups of fabulous friends, who
occasionally overlap, that bring me joy, catharsis, travel and adventure.
- For the trust I have earned at work – I’ve been
given responsibilities that sometimes feel exceed my abilities but working
alongside a fantastic team, we’ve managed to do big things. (And I should be
doing some of those things right now.)
- For a son who is managing a heavy health burden
with grace and stoicism. And whose empathy enables him to see hurt and offers
many others a listening ear and wise counsel.
- For our kitties, who have turned me into someone
who talks to herself (they always listen), and give me good snuggles and head
bumps.
- For my in-house therapist, drinking buddy,
laundry folderer, super souper, and all around daily perker upper…the Jobs.
- For
the unexpected October day – and very emotional moment -- I ran into the man who
originally diagnosed my Pulmonary Hypertension 18 years ago and letting him know
I’m still kicking, thanks in large to his quick diagnosis and subsequent referral
to an amazing medical team at UW.
- For
my parents, each of whom has had emotional and physical challenges this year,
but whose nonstop kindness, optimism and support is a beacon for me.
- Coffee.
Comments