Almost there...

Heard today from UW that they presented my case to the Lung Transplant Committee yesterday morning and they voted to put me on the list...but it doesn't mean I'm on the transplant list *yet*.  They need some more test results faxed to them from my primary physician, I have to mail in my advanced directive and power of attorney (I've had those for over a week but seem to have been avoiding filling those out.  Yuck.), and then they send my whole complete packet of information to the national organization, UNOS, who then gives me a ranking.  I expect I'll get a call sometime next week -- they will call me the minute I'm on the list because from that moment on, I could get The Call at ANY TIME. 

At the top of my to-do list for this weekend is to complete the document that specifies who are the friends in the area that can be called to help when we get The Call, be it 2am or 2pm, this year or next year; those who are willing to come up here while I'm in the hospital (Scot and my mom will be here but need to be available for me during those two weeks, not have to worry about kids -- and the kids should have someone here that's 100% devoted to them during this crazy stressful time); and who are the people that anyone can call anytime for help, be it picking up kids, providing meals, answering questions, etc. for the 3-6 months it will take for me to recover from the surgery.  I am more grateful than you can imagine to all those who have offered to drop everything for me and my family whenever this happens.

Comments

Dad said…
Kim,
Who WOULDN'T drop everything to help you? You're that special!
kennie21 said…
Put me on the list.

Kennie
Jen Jen said…
I love you. It sucks, but do your paperwork!!
Olivia said…
Willing to help! Just let us know where and when