...And Yet Another Test!
I received a call today from the UW transplant coordinator that yes, they have all my paperwork but they need one more blood draw then they'll send it onto the national organization and then I'll get on the waiting list. For some reason, this blood test (HLA antigen, maybe, something like that?) had to wait until they got all my paperwork and approved me for transplant but I don't know why. So I'm heading into Seattle tomorrow morning to get this done, they'll send it off, I should hear next week when I'm officially on the list.
There's also a half hour video of the double lung transplant surgery at UW and the lung procurement process -- I found it mostly interesting from about minute 14 on (and all the doctors you see are still around -- Dr. Edelman is my pulmonologist, Dr. Mulligan will be the surgeon for my transplant).
There's also a half hour video of the double lung transplant surgery at UW and the lung procurement process -- I found it mostly interesting from about minute 14 on (and all the doctors you see are still around -- Dr. Edelman is my pulmonologist, Dr. Mulligan will be the surgeon for my transplant).
Comments