Giving Thanks

Things I’m thankful for:
  • I am thankful that I’ve been alive to celebrate 40 Thanksgivings.
  • My daughter, who is fiercely independent and strong and is working out how to manage those amazing attributes as she continues to grow into the person I’m already in awe of.
  • My son, who is filled with sweet kindness, worry, love and nurturing.   Although above all else, he’d value me calling him funny.  So…he’s funny.
  • My husband, who is taking on the weight of the world as he continues to be a success at work everyday and return home to not just normal hectic family life, but one where his responsibilities are greatly increased and his emotional load heavy.
  • I am full of appreciation for the values, traditions and love instilled in me from the examples my parents have set and continue to do so.
  • The family and friends who surround me and make this all feel manageable and give me the optimism that I’ll need to get through it.  They are giving me a shoulder to cry on…a brief missive of love…a prayer…a meal…an offer to be there at a moment’s notice, no matter what.
  • The medical professionals who are aren’t just invested in me because it’s their job, but because they have a calling to eradicate Pulmonary Hypertension…or, just as importantly, to make my life easier as I deal with it.
  • The person who right now is going about their business like usual, not knowing that they are going to save my life someday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm thankful for you. xoxo, ga
Ginger Drago said…
I admire you! You are courageous!
Mom said…
I am thankful that you are my daughter. You are truly awe-inspiring. I see you with your children and am just amazed at the wisdom and love you demonstrate and teach. You deserve every accolade, every one of your phenomenal friends...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. (from The King and I)