It's Cold Season
Today is the first day that I see the light at the end of the tunnel on this 11-day cold I've had. I started antibiotics on Tuesday and I do think they've helped. My body feels like it's been through a marathon, though -- I'm greatly fatigued, easily short of breath and this cold air outside makes it worse. I have a tendency to get stir crazy then do too many things when I have a little bit of energy then pay the price the next day. So again today, I plan on taking it easy...am back home after Jack's 3rd grade conference this morning (summary: he's great at reading and math, pretty good at writing, not so good at being organized) and I plan to take a nap soon then get some baking done for this weekend's elementary school craft fair. And get ready for all our Thanksgiving guests who arrive on Saturday -- my sister and family and my mom and Jim. They were very gracious and are staying in a nearby hotel so it should be a fairly chaotic-free visit and I'm looking forward to it very much.
After two weeks now on the Lung Transplant Waiting List, I have to say that I'm not experiencing too much anxiety about The Call. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still in a little bit of denial that it will happen anytime soon, or maybe it's because I have so many people I can count on when it happens, or maybe it's just because I'm developing a thicker skin about this strange overlay on my life. Probably a combination of a bunch of things...and to be fair, my emotional state at any given moment is pretty all over the map, I just happen to have a sense of calmness this morning. And that could be due to my needing a nap. So with that...I go snooze.
After two weeks now on the Lung Transplant Waiting List, I have to say that I'm not experiencing too much anxiety about The Call. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still in a little bit of denial that it will happen anytime soon, or maybe it's because I have so many people I can count on when it happens, or maybe it's just because I'm developing a thicker skin about this strange overlay on my life. Probably a combination of a bunch of things...and to be fair, my emotional state at any given moment is pretty all over the map, I just happen to have a sense of calmness this morning. And that could be due to my needing a nap. So with that...I go snooze.
Comments